I LOVE BREAKFAST.
Yes, that had to be in all capitals.
Most mornings, I’m so busy before hurrying off to my HR job, that I drink Shakeology for breakfast and call it good. But sometimes, sometimes I come prepared. Today is one of those days. I made muffins!
I love muffins, but because we’re eating clean, it’s SO hard to find them in the store without so many processed ingredients. I have been pinning away on Pinterest all my favorite muffin ideas, and I stumbled across one by Chung-Ah at Damn Delicious. Blueberries, yum! Cinnamon, yes please! Orange, even better! And oats, my fave! This recipe was one I was going to be able to get behind.
Those look amazing, right? THEY WERE. They were baking while we ate dinner and we were all counting down the minutes until we could just eat them up!
Want to give them a try? Here’s the recipe!
Blueberry Orange Oat Muffins
Prep Time : 20 minutes Bake time : 18-20 minutes. Eating time : 1 minute or less
1 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut sugar, pressed
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup Earth Balance Olive Oil Buttery Spread (melted and cooled)
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 large brown egg
1 cup organic dried blueberries (not dehydrated)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
zest of one small orange
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together butter, yogurt, egg and vanilla. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist. Add blueberries and orange zest and gently toss to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Place into oven and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.